Masoor Matki, whole red lentils, baby Masoor dal, or Sabut masoor dal are very healthy and a great source of protein and fiber. They retain their shape when cooked and taste great. Masoor daal can be easily prepared at home with just a few recipe ingredients, here’s the recipe.
Ingredients For Making Masoor Matki
- whole masoor dal 1 cup
- Tomatoes 2 medium size
- one small onion chopped
- Bay leaves 1 to 2
- Jeera 1/2 tsp
- Green chilies 2 to 3
- coriander powder 1 tsp
- Kasuri methi 1/4 tsp
- Red chili powder 1 tsp
- garam masala powder 1/2 tspn
- Finely chopped or grated ginger 1 tsp
- chopped coriander leaves 1 to 2 tsp
- salt to taste.
- oil 2 tsp
How to Make Masoor Matki
- Soak whole masoor daal for 30 minutes and pressure cook for 3 whistles then set aside (you can add 2 cups of water and add a little grated ginger)
- Heat the oil in a frying pan when it is hot, add the lime, bay leaf, green pepper, and grated ginger, fry a little and add the chopped onion a few more minutes until the onions turn a little brown.
- Then add the chopped tomatoes and let them simmer for a few minutes until the tomatoes are soft
- Now add Garam masala powder, daniya powder, red chili powder, and Kasuri methi powder.
- Add the cooked masoor to the pan, add half a cup of water and salt and let it cook for an additional 10 minutes, adjusting the water to your taste.
- Now Sprinkle coriander leaves on top and serve hot with rice or roti.