Chicken Bihari boti is a classic South Asian cuisine, famous for melting in the mouth. It is meat marinated with raw papaya, milk, and meat softener. The meat is completely decomposed and softened by adding aromatic spices and then grilled to perfection. The reason why this dish is so unique is that Bihari Boti is famous for its charcoal The delicious smoky flavor cooked on the grill is famous.
- Boneless Chicken pieces (Boti): 2 lbs or 0.9 kg
- Gram flour (Besan): 3 tablespoons
- Yogurt: 4-5 tablespoons
- Salt: 1 teaspoon (or to taste)
- Papaya sauce: 1 teaspoon
- Garlic: 1 teaspoon
- Ginger paste: 1 teaspoon
- Red chili powder: 1-2 teaspoons
- Coriander powder: 2 teaspoons
- Cumin powder: 1 teaspoon
- Lemon juice: 1/4 cup
- Red food coloring: 1 spray
- Oil: 4-5 tablespoons
- Shashlik sticks: 1-2 packs (or as needed)
- For BBQ flavor a piece of charcoal
How to Make Chicken Bihari Botti
- Mix chickpea flour, ginger, garlic paste, papaya paste, cumin powder, coriander powder, salt, lemon juice, oil and yogurt to make a thick paste.
- Soak the chicken pieces in the dough, stir well, and marinate for 1-2 hours.
- Heat a piece of charcoal, place it on a small piece of tin foil, and then place it on the marinated chicken.
- Pour some oil on the hot coals and cover immediately.
- Put all the chicken pieces on the skewers (before cooking, soak all the skewers in water for about 20 minutes; this will keep
- Wet the kebabs to prevent the chicken from burning during cooking).
- Now heat the grill pan (or charcoal stove), put on the kebab, and start cooking. Until the chicken is fully cooked stir continuously. (You
- can also use a frying pan for cooking. Use 1 tablespoon of cooking oil to fry the skewers in a pan, or in a normal pan with high heat.)
- Cook all the skewers in the same way.
- Serve with hot puri paratha and chutney.
- Enjoy delicious chicken Bihari boti with the family.